Saturday, January 9, 2010

If you want it, create it

People often ask me how I stay so relaxed and happy, or how I never manage to get upset.
The answer is simple: Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs hehehe... That’s a joke.

I am only relaxed because that is the state I enjoy the most. I don’t enjoy being stressed or angry or bitter, so I am not any of those.

The difference is probably one of two things. First, some people like being upset or unhappy. It sounds counterintuitive, but it’s very true. So, some people gravitate towards that state.
Second, a lot of people don’t realize the choices that life is filled with. If someone cuts in front of you, you don’t have to be upset. You make the choice to be upset. You could just as easily decide not to be upset, and to think that perhaps that person is in a rush because of some circumstance in their life. A lot of our responses are conditioned, so we aren’t even aware of the choice. If it rains, and you have beach plans, you don’t have to be upset.
You can just go with the flow and find something else to do. Clearly the universe has something even better in store for you — you just have to be open to it.
So, if in your heart of hearts you want to be happy, relaxed, or anything else, well then, make that choice now. And, throughout the day, become aware of the choices you make, and make decisions that uphold whatever outcome you desire.


Really, the world is yours to create. You will get out of it whatever you put into it. It’s as simple as that.

No comments:

Given

I thought that love would be softer, sweeter and kinder. I found out with my first love that those thoughts were just a happy delusion. Fall...