Friday, April 22, 2011

a Note Addressed to You…

It happened in the past. And it happened once. But in your memory, you’re letting it happen over and over again, each and every day. You can’t change that it happened, but you can change that it continues to happen to you.

It’s time to let it go, and no longer haunt yourself with shame, remorse and guilt.

And the truth is, it happened for a reason. Though it may be hard to understand that reason from where you sit in time and space, my vantage point allows for a clearer perspective. Learn the lesson being offered, and allow yourself the freedom to move forward with these simple but powerful words: “I am sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. I thank you.”

Love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Floo,
I prefer to say “I forgive you but not forget you.” (Gus Dur)
Lets ur self go :)

floo said...

I thing that everybody has something to forgive herself... ;)

Given

I thought that love would be softer, sweeter and kinder. I found out with my first love that those thoughts were just a happy delusion. Fall...